AVK 2005 Plug-in

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinbad370, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinbad370

sinbad370 Registered Member

I know there are other AVK 2005 fans here. I have been looking every where for a plug-in for The Bat mailer program. As luck would have it I have been striking out. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Sinbad

2. Howard

Howard Registered Member

There's a discussion here about AVK and The Bat - sounds like (I needed the translation!) they do not play nicely together. Why would a plug-in be need for The Bat, AVK works fine with other email programmes without plug-ins and the like (Outlook is the not unusual exception)?

http://www.rokop-security.de/lofiversion/index.php/t7734.html

3. sinbad370

True - Gdata AVK 2005 doesn't play well with the Bat. The plug-in makes it so.
    Plus it does imap checks send/receive,etc. Plug-in is a very nice tool. The bat has one for KAV,Nod,Avg -etc. I should say that there are plug-ins for these products. Rtlabs doesn't make any plug-ins. I wish they did ;)

4. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Interesting. AVK 2005 checks IMAP email for me without a plug-in in Polarbar (my main emailer) and Thunderbird - just required 127.0.0.1 instead of the IMAP mail server to do so.

5. sinbad370

I have used the 127.0.0.1 in the bat, but it slows the check mail to a crawl.

6. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Ah, sorry to hear that. I'm afraid The BAT is not an emailer that I have any experience with. I prefer emailers that allow me to interrogate the server without downloading messages (Polarbar, PMMail) and are also cross-platform (from my OS/2 Warp days). (I use Outlook and/or Thunderbird as backups for IMAP work related email)

Good luck finding a plug-in

7. sinbad370

Howard - You were right. I have it working very well now. I was configuring avk wrong. now it works :D . Very happy man.

8. Howard

Howard Registered Member

That's really good to hear :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.