AVK 2005 Plug-in

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinbad370, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinbad370

sinbad370 Registered Member

I know there are other AVK 2005 fans here. I have been looking every where for a plug-in for The Bat mailer program. As luck would have it I have been striking out. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Sinbad

2. Howard

Howard Registered Member

There's a discussion here about AVK and The Bat - sounds like (I needed the translation!) they do not play nicely together. Why would a plug-in be need for The Bat, AVK works fine with other email programmes without plug-ins and the like (Outlook is the not unusual exception)?

http://www.rokop-security.de/lofiversion/index.php/t7734.html

3. sinbad370

True - Gdata AVK 2005 doesn't play well with the Bat. The plug-in makes it so.
    Plus it does imap checks send/receive,etc. Plug-in is a very nice tool. The bat has one for KAV,Nod,Avg -etc. I should say that there are plug-ins for these products. Rtlabs doesn't make any plug-ins. I wish they did ;)

4. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Interesting. AVK 2005 checks IMAP email for me without a plug-in in Polarbar (my main emailer) and Thunderbird - just required 127.0.0.1 instead of the IMAP mail server to do so.

5. sinbad370

I have used the 127.0.0.1 in the bat, but it slows the check mail to a crawl.

6. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Ah, sorry to hear that. I'm afraid The BAT is not an emailer that I have any experience with. I prefer emailers that allow me to interrogate the server without downloading messages (Polarbar, PMMail) and are also cross-platform (from my OS/2 Warp days). (I use Outlook and/or Thunderbird as backups for IMAP work related email)

Good luck finding a plug-in

7. sinbad370

Howard - You were right. I have it working very well now. I was configuring avk wrong. now it works :D . Very happy man.

8. Howard

Howard Registered Member

That's really good to hear :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.