avira8 and security center

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cet, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I am using Antivir premium.I updated to version 8 everything fine.I did not install the web guard because I am using the web guard option in Online Armor.
    BUT when I look at the security center,I see Antivir personal.It should be antivir premium.Is this a bug? Or is it a microsoft problem.Version 7 was showing Antivir premium.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Maybe because it is now known as "Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Premium"?

Attached Files:

3. Diver

Diver Registered Member

I think it does not matter at all.

4. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

o_O
    It should read 'Avira AntiVir Premium' (former 'PersonalEdition'). Maybe you accidentally install the Personal (formerly 'Classic') version?

5. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I installed the Premium version on my Windows XP box, and the Security Center shows Avira Antivir PersonalEdition. If I put my mouse cursor over the Avira System Tray Icon it shows Avira Antivir Premium. Of course the Premium features are installed and can be found within the GUI.

6. donsan

donsan Registered Member

I just installed the premium edition and i have the same reading as you have.

7. entropism

entropism Registered Member

I had Avira 7, Comodo, SAS and A2 antimalware running on my computer before the upgrade, and Security center looked fine. Well, I had to delete the cache a few months ago, THEN it was running fine. It was still reporting my old Kaspersky install.

After the upgrade to 8, Security Center said I had Avira for AV and malware protection, with no mention of SAS and A2, even after a cache refresh. I had to uninstall everything & reinstall it to get most of them to show up, and A2 STILL doesn't show.

Edit: just checked it for the first time since monday, when I had thought I fixed everything, and the problem is back. SAS and A2 are nowhere to be found on the "show me what anti spyware programs are installed on this computer" section of security center.

8. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Running Vista Home Premium SP1, and WSC reports Avira Antivir Personal, under the systemtray it shows Avira Antivir Premium....everything runs normal....that's fine with me.;) :D

9. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

This is under Vista I assume? Win XP doesn't have Anti-Spyware entries in the Security Center as far as I know.

Does anyone know where XP Home stores the entries for Security Center. On one of my computers Security Center states that it has found one or more AV products and that real-time protection is enabled for at least one of them. I only have AVG installed so I'd like to see what other products Security Center thinks I have installed.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET has a solution for you :

http://www.eset.com/support/kb.php
    http://training.eset.com/kb/index.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=367

:rolleyes:

11. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Yes, sorry, this is for Vista home premium X64

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.