avira update issue...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

ive tried twice now there is a new avira update the seems to want to update the components one being mailgaurd.. well both times it hits 33% and stops .. and it shuts down mailgaurd, i have to re-boot for it to come back up, anyone else have this issue? and how do i resolve this update??

2. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Just updated Avira now, 22 secs and no issues, Sry :oops:

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Nope, no probs here with Premium version.... always updates fine..

4. zfactor

mine finally updated. took a bunch of tries though.. not sure why

5. 19monty64

Premium or Classico_O

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

There have only been two updates today (Nov 15) and neither updated components ....only the definitions.
    But then, I just recalled, I don't have the mail component installed so perhaps there was an update for it that it would not show on my Personal Premium copy.

7. Leo2005

Leo2005 Registered Member

there was no update for the mailguard. only an antispam database update for the suite.

8. R8y

R8y Registered Member

Strange, is there a lag between avira publish VDF info on their website and the actual deployment of VDF on their update server? Quite a few times that when I update my Classic version, it prompt that mine is the latest, but when I visit avira it showed that a new VDF's out for maybe an hour or so...

9. zfactor

all i know is after the update my mailgaurd was shut down and it said it was shutting off services and restarting them... and its the security suite

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I just installed the free copy of Avira on my Son's computer. I neglected to check if it does auto definition updates or if you have to update manually. Can you fill me in if you're familiar with the free version? Thanks in advance. :)

11. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi zfactor
    Recently it has been doing that.
    I would suggest that you post in their forums and let them know about this problem.
    The "updating" issue only affects the "mailguard" component, so if you don't have APSS OR the "Mailguard" module you are NOT affected with this problem, so you don't need to build up your frequent poster numbers by adding your half cent.
    Cheers :)

12. 19monty64

In scheduler-tab, you can edit the update-job to a specific time. If you want more than 1 daily update, add another job. (their term) I schedule the update to check during the off-hours (germany-time) so the servers aren't as busy. You can also set the auto-scan time for him to. Updates and scans can be set for minimal or invisible, but warn your son of the avnotifier pop-up...X-it, instead of okay, same thing I tell my girls. (I have it set to update when they are supposed to get off the computer and are reminded by the notifier)

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

OK Thanks for the info.:)

14. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

Default on Classic {free} is a Daily Update on a 24 hour interval, should be already checked upon install and default scan will be un-checked.

Best not to edit default jobs, just check or un-check them (Scheduler can be finicky).:doubt:

If you need more (or less) than 'one-a-day' you can "Insert new job" and check as many as you like.

Classic can no longer be set to 'Update upon connection' and quickest "Start Update" would be a desktop shortcut to

C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\preupd.exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.