Avira Security Suite Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by MrGSM, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

Hi,
    I want to ask something important for me in a Firewall.
    I want to get Avira Security Suite, but i want to ask if its Firewall Mode is like Outpost (Deny ALL, Advanced...) this mode exist also in BitDefender Internet Security...
    The thing is that, i want to put all processes rules that i want et deny all others activities...
    Thank you.

2. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

33 one who reads the thread, and no help!!!

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Sorry MrGSM i wish i could help you, but I only use the AV. Many here only use the AV, and use their favorite Firewall. I'm sure when someone that is using the Security Suite sees your post will be more than happy to help you with that. Sorry, i would help if i could. You can also try posting your question over at Avira's forum. http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Index&c614e35e

4. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

I also do not use the firewall. APSS's firewall is a bit like but not the same as Outpost. There are similarities but not all. Outpost is much more configurable and stable. You can check out the avira forums for common issues of it's firewall and you will know why we don't use the firewall. It is buggy.

I use Online Armor Premium with APSSver10(without the firewall) on an XP SP3 machine and Outpost Pro 7.0.4 also with APSSver10 (without the firewall) in a Windows 7 machine. But I find Outpost much lighter than OA Premium. Some here use Private firewall with APSSver10 but have not tried it longer yet. They say, it's okay. There is lengthy discussion here before about it. Also the issues mentioned there have been fixed.

Regards:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.