Avira realtime RAM usage

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Serapis, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serapis

Serapis Registered Member

Avira's avguard uses 86 mb on my rig, thats much bigger than what it was before; around 65mb before upgrading. If I could have reliable feedback i would appreciate it

2. zip

zip Registered Member

The more programs running, the more you're doing, the more RAM you have = the more RAM being used.

I've got six tabs opened in Opera & 4 gigs of RAM, avast! 5 service is using 38mb in Task Manager.

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Do you have the ProActive module running in Avira? If you do try either disabling or removing it and reboot. The ProActive module is buggy and is still a work in progress at Avira. Since I uninstalled it my Avira Premium has been running smooth as Version 9...:cool:

4. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

RAM is meant to be used... I'd rather have a program that uses a bit more memory and uses this to perform well than a program that uses a minimal amount of RAM but is constrained by this. Unused memory is worthless; you paid for the RAM, why would you not want to use it? Especially today where 2 GB or more is the standard, a 100 MB RAM usage in itself does not mean impaired performance. On the contrary, if it is used well.

5. Serapis

Hey guys, I realized how vague my post was so let me clarify; by upgrade I mean updated Avire personal from v9 to v10. I was asking if anybody here with tht same program has the average ram usage of 85 mb of ram... and if not, then please report how much it uses so I can get an idea if its reasonale or not

The reason Im asking is b/c I remember the older version used to take only around 60 mb tops.

ps I have archive scanning turned off.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

The suite on 64 bit so no proactiv modules is using about 50mb for me. I also have it installed on 2-32 bits computers and will get those for you also.

FYI. The proactiv module on the 2-32 bit computers is working perfectly with no impact on performance.

7. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

The Proactive module on your 32 bit systems is working good? :eek: I think I will reinstall it again and give it another try, they may of ironed out the initial release wrinkles...:)

8. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Gave the module another try but it still caused slow downs and hiccups as before. I am back to Avira 10 w/o Proactive and its running smooth. Since I have OA Premium with HIPS it probably isn't needed anyway...:)

9. Serapis

by proavtive modules, you mean the guard scanner right? that for you is using 50mb? alsp please give me an idea of how muc ur 32bit pc with proactive turned temporarily on, use. --
    What Ive noticed is the tendency of all security software mushrooming up in terms of resource usage in a very short period of time... It gets me wondering about how long is it before my current ok config with this amt of ram wont cut it anymore:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.