avira prevents system from coming back from sleep

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

anyone ever see this? fresh win7 x64 Fully updated with 3 drivers afterwards which have to be installed for the touchpad, sound, and wireless. everything else gets installed with win7 by default. no other programs installed aside from win 7 and avira.

i have a lenovo laptop that when going to sleep with avira installed it refuses to come back and after a hard reboot by holding the power button i can see it actually had a bsod and could not recover. its a driver issue from avira. if i remove avira everything works perfect and also does so with eset and avg installed no sleep issues. i saw a suggestion from them to disable hybrid sleep which i tried with no success.

just wondering if anyone else has seen this since i did see this asked a couple times on their forum and they simply directed one person to install a hotfix from ms which is already installed on my system and the other was told to call support.

thoughts?? otherwise i really like avira and this sucks.

edit: i think i have it figured out will report back if this works but so far it seems to be working fine now im going to let it sleep a number of times still though to make sure. as well as restore base image reinstall and apply the fix and try again if it still is all good i will send this info over to them.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

well thought i had it fixed it was working perfect till last night and now again same issue. guess avira will have to come off this laptop which really sucks because i was in fact enjoying it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.