Avira Premium update question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mistycat, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

I have used or trialled many AV's but am interested in Avira Premium and have read many good reports on it. But, as I understand it, the demo version doesn't update and while I'm not super security knowledgeable, this seems like there could be serious problems or am I wrong? Thanks

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

you could do what i did when i tested antivir
    i signed up for the beta testing then tested antivir using the key and got the updates for a while.
    then of course i done some testing for avira after that
    lodore

3. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

I really don’t understand why they make so complicate, is like they don’t want to get more costumers, what a bad way of make business

4. mistycat

Thanks but signing up for beta testing to get a key to get updates seems like a lot of effort just to trial an AV. I guess most of their customers come from Classic but you might as well run an AV whose key has expired.

5. bugsy_pal

bugsy_pal Registered Member

You can get a fully functional demo that will updates as per the paid-for program. You just download the installer from their web site, and then you need to contact Avira to get a demo license key. The link for that email contact can be found somewhere on these forums - I got a fully working 30 day trial.

Having said that, they don't really make it easy to give the full trial a go.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think their business model is not good. Why so complicated? Why not a simple fully functional trial like all others have?
    I wonder what they are trying to achieve in this way?
    In this way they are never going to get customers. I feel they are really not much interested in home user market.

7. mistycat

Thanks bugsy_pal, shall try that. Good thing I'm extremely interested, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.