Avira PC Cleaner

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Minimalist, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

2. Minimalist

I've tested it in my VM. Interface is in German. It downloaded around 100 MB of updates. It installs in temp folder. After cleaning temp folder, all 100 MB has to be downloaded again. It creates two shortcuts on desktop which lead nowhere after deleting temp folder. Default scan was quick.

Regards, hqsec

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

4. aaa839

aaa839 Registered Member

There was an EU Clean(which was the eng version of Avira DE-Cleaner and current de version of PC Cleaner0
    -http://personal.avira-update.com/package/eucleaner/win32/en/avira-eu-cleaner_en.exe-
    (Unlike decleaner using Avira v10 scanner technology,EU cleaner and PC Cleaner both are using v12.0 scanner technology)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
  5. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Actually, it is very hard to install it without Guard and with no kernel hooks/drivers (at least on XP). So the command line scanner is a welcomed addition (I am talking about scancl).

Regarding Avira PC Cleaner, it seems to operate in the same way as ESET Online Virus Scanner, and it was probably built to cover that category of scanner tools.

6. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Surely this cleaner/scanner is irrelevant to actual avira users?.Thats assuming it uses the same signature database or does it incorporate others.

7. ooVoo

ooVoo Registered Member

just quickly checked avira's blog, and find out the GUI of its cleaner is same rough as it always dose

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

So EU-Cleaner is the same as PC Cleaner? DE-Cleaner was replaced by EU-Cleaner as far as I know.

9. Minimalist

Yes, I believe they are the same "kind" of scanners. Only downside I see with Avira's scanner is, that it is installed in Temp folder. A lot of people cleans that folder regularly. IMO creating desktop shurtcuts to Temp folder is not wise either.

Regards, hqsec

10. aaa839

aaa839 Registered Member

Yes(until now)

anyway the eu-clean aka pc cleaner
    can create an portable version,it have an option there

11. anon

anon Registered Member

http://www.softwarecrew.com/2014/01/avira-reveals-stand-alone-avira-pc-cleaner/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.