Avira on top on download.com

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by aigle, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

First time i saw this. It may be version 10. :eek:

Attached Files:

2. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

I have been suspicious of many sites giving Avira top spot.
    Softpedia is another.
    Reading the reviews gives a taste of spam
    23rd March 2010
    'nuff said

3. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

well, if someone told me it was the best detector and was free, id download it too.

... but of course, i know better. ;)

4. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

I have nothing against Avira at all, I have no experience of any Avira products.
    But those reviews look like 'stuffing'
    Some of the 'broken English' is hilarious:cautious:

5. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Indeed it is. And the most lightweighted as well. ;)

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I love how you spam hatred towards Avira. In another thread where you claimed PrevX was so great blah blah blah. I made a very distinct post directed at you basically disproving everything you have argued for PrevX and you never went back into the topic to give me an answer. I have yet to see you make a valuable post with proof as a backup. All of your claims are baseless and ignorant.

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

No flame war man :rolleyes:

8. PC__Gamer

i think you read too much into it,

i was clearly answering why it would be the #1 on the download.com list,

like i said, if someone told me (& i was a n00b, an average Joe) that it was the best detector, and was free, of course it would be downloaded.

but as i said, i know better. o_O

---
    FYI if you wish to flame me because maybe you are somewhat 'offended' by my comments, check how easy a computer with this software is to infect, dont just rely on precious test results.

as for avira 10's new features such as its behaviour blocker, it does nothing and 'at the moment' is nothing but a marketing scheme, if someone can 'prove' me differently, im willing to listen. (seen as your very interested in self-proof, show me!)

you say i bash, but im entitled to my opinion as much as you are. :thumbd:

but i answered the OP correctly and simply said why it would be #1 on download.com's website, i think its a valid comment.

so, stop looking into comments and searching for arguments, whats wrong with you, grow up. o_O

Maybe - Just maybe, people should stop flooding this forum with Avira threads, i login and see new posts only to keep seeing random tripe from alot of avira boys in multiple threads that could all be said in the same one.

9. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

PC-Gamer, come on man, can we not get into this again? Anything Avira and you pop up with your opinion on it, being that you hate it. Yes, you're entitled to your opinion, but since all of Wilders knows your stance towards Avira, I seriously doubt showing up in every thread proclaiming it for the umpteenth time is going to help anything. And now of course, will come the back and forth opinionated bickering that accompanies these sorts of comments.

Avira is on top at download.com. Congrats to them, really. Some stuff has gone on lately, and yes, they have issues, but they aren't well known and trusted for no reason.

10. PC__Gamer

im sorry you see it as that, but i certainly dont hate it, i just think its mis-informed to people on this forum, bit like advertising.

also, i see 7 Avira threads on just the first page of this section alone, and thats not even mentioning the others its mentioned in, only the ones with it in the title.

as an outsider, i see spam.

WD what av do you use? same as dw426 im sure? ... you dont enjoy me comments so you flame me, you insult me and comment that my comments are useless or unfactual, this just makes you a couple of fanboys, i think i answered the OP and reasons why it may be #1 on the download.com's website, and that should be the end of it, yet you continue as im sure others of your type will do.

11. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

If I were a fanboy, I'd take this golden opportunity to sing the praises of my AV. Did I say ANYTHING about your comments being unfactual? Useless, yes, and I stick by that. You add nothing but "Avira fails this, Avira fails that" to EVERY post about Avira. Your point is CRYSTAL clear and needs no repeating. You don't like Avira threads? Don't read them if you don't like them? I see spam too, your spam in every Avira thread with your opinion on why Avira sucks. I know already what you're going to come back with, "Don't like my posts? Don't read them". Point well taken. But before you complain about Avira spam, check your post count and see how many times you've helped the "Avira fanboys" keep a thread alive by posting your exact same opinion time and time again. I'm done now, as I see I'm not helping things by arguing with you either.

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

You guys are looking for some punishment! :D

13. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I use Avira. I never said it was superior to anything. I like it and thats all that matters. You say people on this forum are mis-informed yet your spewing info on how PrevX is the fastest, lightest, and best at detection like their slogan claims yet they have never been ranked top 2 EVER at detection.

I dont enjoy your comments because you spew baseless information and its nearly the same in every post unless someone calls you out. I think this is the longest post youve made yet.

Its kind of hard to be a fanboi when youve used multiple security programs. Avast is great and its free, Avira is great and its free, KAV is great and its a paid for app as is NOD32. I like them all, yet Im the fanboi? Atleast I have the pair to admit there are free and paid for products just as good or better than Avira. I have yet to see you say anything other than PrevX is AWESOME 1111!!!!!!!!!!!11 when in fact there are better products out there not only in detection but also in lack of FP's.

If you know better then you would know that Avira and its heuristics are great at detection.

Your comment of behavior blocker is irrelevant. I have never used it so I cant comment. Your comment about proof on the other hand just shows that you have no proof and your beating around the bush to save face.

Maybe they will stop flooding the forums with Avira threads as soon as you quit posting in them to keep them alive with your PrevX is the most awesomest software ever garbage.

Nobody ever said you werent entitled to your opinion and nobody ever said anything about your opinion. You got called out for making your baseless claims while claiming to be so knowledgable.

14. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

While we thank aigle for making all of us aware that Avira was the Most Popular Download last week, once this thread turned into verbal jousting among members, it has no room but to go down in quality, so it's best that we end it here. Closed!

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.