Avira missed 4 trojans

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by gery, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

I was using Avira Premium and just today i did a full scan with DrWEB CUREIT and it found 4 trojan that passed Avira's guard .It was updated since i am almost 12 hours online and do regular manual updates once a day besides what it does automatically.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ok... what is ur point? find me an AV that DOESNT miss anything.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

4. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Oh not again.

5. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Have you ever looked at the % detection rate of all AVs tested by AV-Comparatives? None detect 100%- not even close- but Avira detects them better than the rest according to their data. So if you are now using BitDefender, you may indeed find four (or more) trojans that it missed.

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Well Kudos to Drweb,If there Not FP.That Being Said the next turn It may be Drweb that misses the trojans and Avira catches them all.No flame war intended but It happens to the best of them and is why I no longer depend on Antivirus,I depend on my Sandboxie,and Defensewall to keep things off and thus far does just that.

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

As mentioned in the linked policy thread, a few unknown missed samples does not make for a comparative analysis of the effectiveness of any anti-virus product. There is no where for this thread to go except for people bringing up experiences where their results were exactly the opposite, and Avira found what some other product missed. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.