AVIRA free no detection warnings

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 3GUSER, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Hello forum!

Here's the case - a computer running Windows XP SP3 where AVIRA free 10 (latest version) is installed . The problem is that when it detectes some malware file it doesn't display any warnings about it at all but automatically deals with it and no pop-ups . It wasn't like that before.

I have reinstalled AntiVir free 2-3 times in the past week on this computer , performed some manual clean-up but it still doesn't display any warning on detections (for example I try Eicar Test file).

Anybody have an idea ?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. Fly

Fly Registered Member

While I don't have the free version, in the 'expert mode' the Avira security suite does allow for 'interactive mode'.

It may take some digging through the menus.

3. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Yes , but the interactive mode can only be configured for an on-demand scan . In the free version there are no such options for the Guard.

4. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

With an older version you had to turn on the expert mode ! Maybe it's the same here

5. gazs1

gazs1 Registered Member

I get pop up for eicar here running defensewall and sandboxie, i do have it in interactive mode tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.