avira free issues

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brocke, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

I just installed avira free,

then avira said after install that i didnt have admin rights to even start after it didnt start. then it wouldnt let me install again to repair or uinstall.

i just downloaded the app. im running windows 7 home. has anyone had any issues like this?

did a system restore to fix the issue.

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i try to install it it keeps saying im not admin. and when i try to delete the program files folder it says access denied. when even when i gave my user name security rights to the folder.

i have no clue what the deal is with avira and windows 7. i have no other AV installed. or AS

3. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

When i try and delete the Program files folder i get this error

access denied
    0x80070091.

cant even delete the folder.

4. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

ok i had to rename the folder program files folder Avira to something else.

i was able to install it now everything works.
    but i cant delete the origonal folder. it says access denied, the error is posted above.

has anyone had this issue?

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Brocke i feel for you, over 125 views and no replies :(

Though i'm not a W7 user, i think trying again from scratch could be wise, as renaming the Avira program files folder might cause problems.

I would uninstall, then reboot, then see if you can find any folders, try to delete, then use these tools provided by Avira to clean up, then try a fresh install.

Avira AntiVir Removal Tool

Then

Avira AntiVir RegistryCleaner

http://www.avira.com/en/support/support_downloads.html

6. hari786

hari786 Registered Member

Hey. Just run the setup.exe again & uninstall it.

After uninstalling restart ur system & do a fresh install in that same folder by running setup.exe as run as administrator

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Some TIPS

1. Try whether you can take ownership back again see http://www.blogsdna.com/2159/how-to...sions-to-access-files-folder-in-windows-7.htm

2. Try Unlocker to delete locked files
    Download at, http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ when it tells you it can not delete, see which dll's/processes are locking it. Try Autoruns ( http://technet.microsoft.com/nl-nl/sysinternals/bb963902(en-us).aspx )to see whether you can deselect these processes at startup (after checking your OS will run without them), retry with Unlocker

3. Try to fix a corrupted directory and delete it after repair in safe mode

Use Command Prompt & choose Run as administrator. Accept the elevated action prompt. (I am not on Win7, so can't tell you exact sequence) Type command: chkdsk c: /f /r ... you should get the message below.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

Choose Yes

Boot into safe mode see whether you can delete it now

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  8. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

tried it all guys, safe mode, command prompt, etc. the file is just been renamed until i figure out how to get rid of it.

thanks you guys,

9. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Thank you Kees1958!

that unlocker program is kool. thanks again for you help and everything else!!!:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.