Avira detecting this on My Homepage ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Apr 9, 2015.

1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Untitled.jpg Today when I open My Homepage which is MSN Australia Avira springs to life and tells me BDS/Peepviewer.202 detected there's no information about this when I click on the info. A Full scan detects it and sends it to quarantine.

Starting the file scan:

Begin scan in 'C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE\I44UGUWT\AAaCOWi[1].jpg'
    C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE\I44UGUWT\AAaCOWi[1].jpg
    [DETECTION] Contains a recognition pattern of the (harmful) BDS/Peepviewer.202 back-door program
    [NOTE] The file was moved to the quarantine directory under the name '50f6dd4d.qua'!

This happens every time I open My browser and I cant get rid of it?

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It's a false positive. PeepViewer is an exe file not a jpeg image.
    You should report it as a false positive to Avira, or add it to the ignore list to prevent future detection.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Ok I cant locate that ignore list. If I click ignore when it pops up nothing happens it's back on the next HP run

4. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

you need to go into the avira program's "configuration" and, in the settings for "web protection", add "img.s-msn.com" to the "exceptions" list, there, so that it will be ignored and won't be blocked..

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

After I ran a full scan and deleted the file and cleared the log file, It stopped showing up :shifty: