Avira detecting this on My Homepage ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Apr 9, 2015.

1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Untitled.jpg Today when I open My Homepage which is MSN Australia Avira springs to life and tells me BDS/Peepviewer.202 detected there's no information about this when I click on the info. A Full scan detects it and sends it to quarantine.

Starting the file scan:

Begin scan in 'C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE\I44UGUWT\AAaCOWi[1].jpg'
    C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE\I44UGUWT\AAaCOWi[1].jpg
    [DETECTION] Contains a recognition pattern of the (harmful) BDS/Peepviewer.202 back-door program
    [NOTE] The file was moved to the quarantine directory under the name '50f6dd4d.qua'!

This happens every time I open My browser and I cant get rid of it?

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It's a false positive. PeepViewer is an exe file not a jpeg image.
    You should report it as a false positive to Avira, or add it to the ignore list to prevent future detection.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Ok I cant locate that ignore list. If I click ignore when it pops up nothing happens it's back on the next HP run

4. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

you need to go into the avira program's "configuration" and, in the settings for "web protection", add "img.s-msn.com" to the "exceptions" list, there, so that it will be ignored and won't be blocked..

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

After I ran a full scan and deleted the file and cleared the log file, It stopped showing up :shifty:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.