Avira Browser Safety

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Overkill, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
  2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thanks! I stumbled upon this Chrome extension when seeking an alternative to WOT. I had a few issues with it though, so I am trialling now Webutation and TrafficLight extensions but I am uncertain yet which one to use regularly. Maybe TrafficLight seems to me slightly better.

3. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Your welcome...I like trafficlight also, but this one may be just as good or better.

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I conducted parallel testing of TrafficLight and Avira Browser Safety and my winner is TL because:
    1) Is lighter (browsing is visibly faster)
    2) Gives less FPs in search results and in websites rating, it can be due to the fact that
    TrafficLight doesn't block an entire website but only the potentially harmful elements
    3) Doesn't break pages and forced pop-ups
    4) Avira has terrible drop-down menu across the whole width of page that always drops when moving mouse over it. It's annoying.

Only downside of TL is that it identifies Trackers but as far as I know it doesn't block them. Though it's not a big issue because I have Ad Muncher which does it well.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  5. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

I tried this Avira extension last week, problem I had with it was it blocked the comment sections on some forums I post on like Dallasnews.com. TrafficLight doesn't block those comment sections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.