Avira AntiVir with Prevx 2

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jarmo P, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I get asked for a reboot after every update when running with a XP limited user account.
    Already posted this in castlecops Prevx forum, but no answers.
    http://www.castlecops.com/t194460-Antivir_updates_need_a_reboot_with_Prevx.html

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1037840&postcount=31

What should I do? Accept this behaviour or uninstall Prevx 2, cause frequent reboot is not an option.
    Anyone else having same problem or you all run with admin account?
    Jarmo

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Contact support at Prevx.

3. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I doubt if contacting support would help me. There is a post in prevx forum and not a single answer.
    I did a shutdown of Prevx 2 in admin account and then did a manual update of Avira AntiVir. And I got the same prompt to reboot. And the prevx mode was Pro instead Expert this time. :mad:

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

A shutdown of Prevx may just unload the GUI and still leave the service running, hence the persistent conflict, hard to say...

If it were me, I think I'd just decide which I liked best, Prevx or AntiVir, and remove the other..

5. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Dont judge their support looking at the forum. Use the internal support within Prevx. Atleast I get an answer within a day at latest, usually quicker than that. I guess they can give much better help if one submits the (optional) information when clicking the support button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.