avi file - can i get rid of voice over?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by betauser2, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

i've downloaded an avi file which was supposed to be in english, well it is, but there is voice over in a foriegn language - i can still here the english in the backround.

is there any way that i can eliminate this voice over?

please help, it took me ages to download

beauser2

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    I'm not sure.
    I happen to download files like those all the time. I simply download them again. However, I do sometimes use an excellent little program for editing auido/video encoding, sync and so forth. It's called VirtualDub. It does magic. You could try it. It's opensource.
    Mrk

3. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

thanks for the suggestion i've visited the web site and after reading about virtualdub i don't think i can edit the voice over (out) with it

has anyone else got any suggestions - it should be possible to edit the audio (cut voice over) and burn another copy, shouldn't it?

betauser2

(BTW what about your feedback on the questionaire?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2006
  4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    Well, I guess no one will answer it any more.
    OK ....
    I'll make it.
    Mrk

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

audacity can do stuff like that. it can get rid of noise if you have a recording of it but i suppose it would have to be a constant noise for that to work. i don't know about a voice though. plus something like a voice would probably get pretty complicated to edit unless you really know the software you're using.

if you still want some help ask someone who does a podcast they do alot of sound editting and might have started as a complete biginner so probably won't get too technical. i'd probably ask at this link.
    http://hak5.tv/forums/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.