AVGAS.EXE - ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by WolverineNS, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolverineNS

WolverineNS Registered Member

I recently ran into an issue that I'm having trouble finding a solution for regarding my AVG anti-spyware program.

I recently installed a new program "XDrive Desktop" from xdrive.com. After the installation, a reboot was required. When the computer rebooted, the following message began appearing.

avgas.exe - ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND
    The procedure entry point ??0Date@@QAE@_J@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library Engine.dll.

Requires three clicks of the OK button to get the error message to go away, and the program runs fine after that, as long as I do not turn the program off. restarting the program causes the message to reappear.

If I uninstall Xdrive the error message goes away.
    When I do a search for Engine.dll, I found that both programs have a copy of the DLL in their respective installation folders. It appears that the XDrive install may be redirecting the avgas.exe to the XDrive "Engine.dll", but I'm not sure.
    Have tried to reinstall AVG Anti-Spyware, but the message continues to appear as long as XDrive is installed. I really dont want to uninstall XDrive.

Also, Have tried to Manually register the AVGAS Engine.dll (loaded but could not register)

Hoping someone may have a solution for this.

2. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Hi WolverineNS,

I am really sorry, but on windows you can only have one DLL file loaded with the same name at the same time, therefore it is unfortunately not possible to use AVG Anti-Spyware along XDrive and vice versa. :(
    That's the so called "DLL-Hell" on Windows.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

3. WolverineNS

WolverineNS Registered Member

Thank you for that information, that explains alot.

4. clynch1

clynch1 Registered Member

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me with this issue:

I updated my IE 6 to IE 7 and when I did a reboot when I logged in I got an error that read: avgas.exe - Entry Point Not Fount
    The proceduer entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could
    not be located in thedynamic link library PSAPI.DLL

I have to hit OK 3 times and the message goes away but then IE will not work at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.