AVGAS 7.5 Manual Update

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Feandur, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feandur

Feandur Registered Member

AVGAS 7.5 Manual Update of signatures (.bin)

I use to manually download the .exe for the “full current signatures” from the Ewido web site and use that to update my 2nd non-internet connected computer. Now that site doesn’t exist and I’m redirected to the AVG web site that lists Anti-Spyware signatures as .bin files.

http://www.grisoft.com/ww.download-update-7

My question is do I just treat these .bin files as though they are .exe files. That is, just download the file, transfer it to the non-Internet connected computer, and double click to manually update the signature files??

Thanks,

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

3. Feandur

Feandur Registered Member

Problem Solved. Thanks.

Could not get the link in the previous post to work....instead found the following method worked, and am posting it in case others are in a similar position:

The problem was how to update AVG_AS on a computer not connected to the internet? I do have another computer with AVG_AS also on it that is.

The answer for me in the past was to connect to the EWIDO update site via the computer that is internet connected and down load the signatures file as a dot exe that could be run on both computers.

OK. Now that the EWIDO site is closed, my work around now is that I use the Manual Update button under "Update" on the AVG_AS program that is on the internet connected computer to update this.

Then I navigate to C/Program Files/Grisoft/AVG AS7.5 folder and copy the entire "signatures" folder, plus any other files with a new date stamp (for example: logfile.txt, error.txt, heuristitic.dat, help.chm).

I transport these down to the non internet computer using a USB pen stick.

Worked perfectly. Scan worked perfectly. All fine and dandy.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.