AVG System Tuneup interferes with ESET installation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by webyourbusiness, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

doing a remote installation I found that I could not download the ESET live installer - error in IE was "cannot download the file" - so I pushed the file across using file manager in remote login - and running it I got an error that the live installer stopped working - and the program quits.

Lo-and-behold - AVG system tuneup 2011 installed and appears to be blocking access to ESET servers - quiting the program and I can run the installer (there is no other antivirus installed per-se - and to my knowledge AVG system tuneup is NOT and antivirus in it's own right)

Just FYI - if you run across the AVG system tuneup - it blocks ESET programs and browser accessing ESET's download locations - or so it appears.

It also blocked ESET activation after I installed ESET v5 latest until I had done a restart.... what a nasty business practice in my opinion...

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I asked ESET's QA department if they could replicate the issue, and here is the response I received:
    My initial thought is the issue may only occur with an older build of AVG System Tuneup 2011.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.