AVG scammers?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

-comodoproblems.com- :D

Looks like a website made by a professional but he describe his problems like if it were the first time in his live that touch a computer.
    Too pro to be a private user and who will spend money on hosting and domains while Internet is plenty of forums?
    I love the lacks of information about the problems or any evidence, and the same problem "blue screen" being reported all the times like if it were something different. Seems to be the perfect propaganda, so scared is avg if they are really behind?

The best part of the web is this paragraph
    You know if the OpenSource community says so must be true, you know because avg is opensource and everybody knows that the opensource community uses Windows and not Linux this is why they love AVG :D BTW where is this community?

Of course you have to buy avg

This is to be sure that you have say something bad about all the products, the best of all is that nobody has reported BSOD of CIS 5.X in the forums (he says that he started to use CIS on May 2011)

Domains registered by privacyprotect.org the purpose is that you can't know that avg is behind this :D http://privacyprotect.org/about-privacyprotection/

http://whois.domaintools.com/avgforfree.com
    http://whois.domaintools.com/www-avg.com
    http://whois.domaintools.com/comodoproblems.com

So some altruistic people is spending their money in making promotion to avg and tell lies about their competitors and they use the same company to hide who is behind?, like if Internet is not plenty of companies like this one

We will never know the truth about this but at least you can have some laughs reading the website.

PD: never buy nothing from a web registered in privacyprotect.org or you will never know who is behind
    http://www.knowledgesutra.com/forums/topic/56876-privacyprotect/
    "Privacy protect is a front for scammers and spammers"

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
  2. guest

guest Guest

More info

3. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i guess i don't understand how this is different than the thousand other affiliate sites like it. this isn't a new tactic, and even if it violated the individual's commission agreement (and it likely doesn't) the "fraudster", as you put it, would just register more domains and a new affiliate ID with a different vendor and continue doing the same thing, with another product.

also, if it makes you feel any better, the host serving up two of the three domains you mentioned is also hosting like..50 typo-squatting sites. (goooogle.com, etc)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
  4. icr

icr Registered Member

5. icr

icr Registered Member

Too bad indeed:mad:

6. windowsdefender

windowsdefender Registered Member

That website is the largest spout of lies about Comodo I have ever seen.:eek:

7. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

For the business world it is the law of the jungle that reigns. Nevertheless, I cannot condone the behavior of that person who created that website by spreading lies. Even though I'm not a Comodo fanboy however, I can see that his actions are clearly unethical.

Thanks.

8. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

WTH, I can't believe my eyes....:ninja:

9. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

start believing it my good friend:ninja:

10. carat

carat Guest

I think it's time to close this rubbish now :)

11. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

I'm not a regular Comodo user but can't recall any recent editions trashing anyone's system. This site does seem to exist solely to promote the virtuous white knight AVG by sensationally denouncing the evils of Comodo.

( I wonder... where might they have got that idea? :blink: )

12. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

AVG is not involved in it except as being scammed, as are the users, by unscrupulous person(s) who set up the page.

13. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

It's sad that there are people like that. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.