AVG SafeGuard Toolbar and AVG Secure Search

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by vincenzo, Jun 26, 2015.

1. vincenzo

vincenzo Registered Member

I am cleaning up a friend's computer and I see that ADWCleaner and SuperAntiSpyware both flag the above AVG tools for removal. I believe these were installed when he installed AVG Free antivirus. Is that a correct assumption?

I know they change the search engine and homepages in browsers, but are they anything to be concerned about? I would expect that if you trust AVG as your antivirus, you would trust these add-ons. Any opinions?

Thanks

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I have seen them installed by non AVG programs before so not sure how safe these are.

3. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

Your assumptions are correct in that they were installed along with AVG and they pose no threat more of an annoyance if you don`t want Yahoo as your search engine.

You should be able to remove them via Windows add/remove programs or just let SAS or ADWCleaner do their cleaning.

Regards Eck:)

4. vincenzo

vincenzo Registered Member

OK thanks. My friend doesn't mind having them there, so I am leaving them as long as they're not threats.

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.