AVG Pro And Panda Platinum

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Graystoke, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hopefully this is my last post about AVG Pro 7 and Panda Platinum 7. :)

After flip flopping one for the other on my PC trying to decide which I like better, I need some help on which is better at protecting my machine from those nasty bugs out there.

I know they both have incoming and outgoing mail scanners. They both have daily virus updates, Panda even on weekends, that's a plus. Panda blocks scripts, another plus. Both are pretty easy to configure. Panda is free now, but renewing is expensive. AVG Pro gives you a two year subscription for the price that most AVs charge for one year. A plus for AVG.

Since I am not knowledgable enough to run tests on AVs except for Eicar, I rely on what I read. Neither one has a great test result at Virus Bulletin. Not sure if that is a great concern or not. So does anyone out there have any feedback on which one does the better job of detecting the bad guys and protecting ones computer?

2. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

If I had to choose I'd go for Panda every time, various reasons, I believe panda's detection rate to be much better than Grisofts.

3. subratam

subratam Registered Member

AVG pro 7 without the slightest of doubt for me. Have been having it for last 5 mnths now, dun remember when I was infected last. frequent updates, low resource, user friendly ..the list goes on. and its very good for ITW malwares too.
    AVG 7 pro for me

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

AVG isn't even the same league as panda. Avg is pretty good but panda platinum or titanium are much much better at detection and cleaning.But you don't have to take my word for it , just check the av testing web sites such as. The results will speak for themselves.These are some of the best av's around. You will notice AVG didn't make it .

http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2004_02.php

5. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

First, I want to say thank you for responding to my question.

While I was waiting to check back here, Panda Platinum updated it's signitures twice in the past fifteen minutes. It was something that just gave me this warm and fuzzy feeling. *puppy* ;) Between reading the responses and the two updates, I think I will stay with Panda as my AV.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.