AVG Paid vs Dr. Web

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by fred128, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred128

fred128 Registered Member

Folks,
    Antivir is suspending support for Windows 98 on June 30. Between the AVG and Dr. Web programs which both support the OS, which one would you go for? Thanks.

2. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

You already know that you're going to receive votes for each one. The best thing you can do is try each one yourself. Better yet don't limit yourself to those two AV's since there are other quality AV's that support Win 98. :p

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Normally I would say AVG without blinking an eye but this time I'll say that both are evenly matched. Since AVG Anti-Malware and Internet Security do not use the Ewido engine on-access on Windows 98/ME (On-demand scans use it though), the real-time protection level between Dr.Web and AVG Pro/Anti-Malware remains somewhat in the same range.

For this reason, you should either look for a better AV, or if you are determined to se one of these two, any of them will do nice.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

wonder which one id go for :)

honestly i dont know in this case though, as i have seen AVG working on a 98 machine but not drweb, if drweb runs just like it does on vista/XP ... obviously, thats my choice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.