AVG Free 101

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by aragland256, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aragland256

aragland256 Registered Member

Hello, I am setting up AVG Free on a friends computer and I need to know exactly what features are still available after the 30 day trial. Will there still be a resident scanner? Web protection? Email protection? Or will it be just a on demand scanner? Will the automatic updates continue? I am between this and Avast Free. My decision will be made once I know which one keeps its automatic updates and resident scanners. Also, does both guard against spyware? If not, what antispyware program do you guys recommend to run alongside these? Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  2. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

If you installed AVG Free I don't see why there would be a trial, unless you accidentally clicked on something to try the trial. Both AVG and Avast! free have updates and resident protection. Personally I'd go with Avast! as it does better in independent tests.

3. aztony

aztony Registered Member

This link tells you what features are in AVG free...
    http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/AVG-Antivirus-Free-Review-385777.shtml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.