AVG exclude

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Shiri, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiri

Shiri Registered Member

Hi,

What file name do you use to 'EXCLUDE' AVG 2014 from other software when Real Time is used ?
    Is it, C:\Program Files (86)\AVG2014 ?

Thanks

:doubt:

2. guest

guest Guest

Excluding AVG from other real-time security software? Just put the whole folder where AVG is installed. Try to look both on the 32bit and 64bit program files folders (Program Files and Program Files (x86)), just in case. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
  3. Shiri

Shiri Registered Member

I'm trying to exclude AVG in Emsisoft but Emsisoft won't let me use a 'FOLDER' , just extension. :doubt:
    I'm using these-

....\AVG2014\GUI.EXE
    ....\AVG2014\CSRVA.EXE
    ....\AVG2014\RSA.EXE

These are, "AVG Scanning Core Module", "AVG Resident Shield Service", "AVG User Interface". Shown in PROCESSES, (AVG during Real-Time...)

Hope these work ok o_O

4. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Are you running both AVG and Emsisoft Anti-Malware realtime? o_O

5. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

AVG and Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a no-no.

I suggest you uninstall AVG. It can't compare with Emsisoft for AV. Emsisoft has Bitdefender & Emsisoft engines. both AAA:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: engines.

You'll likely crash & burn if you leave both in.

6. m0unds

m0unds Guest

Shiri,

In Emisisoft's UI, click guard > then, while under the file guard tab, look for "manage whitelist" - in that context, you should be able to add the AVG folder to the product whitelist.

Also, Emsisoft's product is designed to coexist alongside other AV software. I don't really see a reason to use both products in a realtime state, but that's OP's prerogative. So long as all the proper exceptions are configured (AVG added to Emsisoft, and Emsisoft added to AVG) it'd likely be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.