AVG Detects Windows System File Changes

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by yonders, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yonders

yonders Registered Member

Hello,

I have AVG 7.0 and it detected several system file changes. When I first installed AVG 7.0 , there were no changes in the system files. Then all of a sudden when I scanned my PC, AVG indicated that my user32.dll file(C:\Windows\System\user32.dll) was changed. I rescanned and it was the same result. Then I started having little bugs happening. My mouse pointer was malfunctioning. The mouse pointer kept highlighting or selecting everything on the desktop. Also when I'm shutting down programs in the task manager, I can't use my mouse to select the program I want to end. The highlighted programs in the task manager keeps moving from one to another by itself. I decided to format my PC.

After that I didn't have that problem anymore. Also my AVG indicates that user32.dll is now OK. Everything was fine at the beginning of my format and reinstalling. A few days ago, my AVG detected that my MSDOS.SYS
    (C:\MSDOS.SYS) is changed. The result said it was "changed". I don't know what that exactly means for my PC. My PC started freezing after that. Programs would freeze and unfreeze. I decided to restore the system files using my AVG Restore Disks. After the reboot, AVG indicated that MSDOS.SYS was replaced. I pressed OK and rescanned my PC. It now says that my MSDOS.SYS is now "OK". So far I don't see any bugs happening to my PC.

I wonder what the heck is happening? Did I have a virus or trojan? I want to reformat again but its a pain doing it and reinstalling everything. I haven't even finished installing all my softwares yet after the last install.

Does anyone have ideas what I can do and what does AVG mean about the system files being "Changed"?

2. teddyblue

teddyblue Guest

Mine is doing the same thing. Before all this happened I had like 5 trojan horses & took my computer in to fix it & all seemed ok when I got it back. Then I started having little problems similiar to yours. So I went back to a restore date & all seemed fine & now it is doing it again. What does this mean when the result says changed?? Someone-please help us!!!!!

3. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

4. TAP

TAP Registered Member

I've rarely got these user32.dll changes sometimes ago but nothing happens to my machine, no viruses, no glitches.

If you are AVG Pro user, get technical support via AVG main program. If you are AVG Free Edition user, get helps from its support forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.