AVG detects DSA as trojan

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Fuzzfas, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Back in June i informed Grisoft's support via mail that their free AV,flags pwipf2.sys as trojan.The file belongs to Privacyware's DSA.

Despite the very courteous exchange of mails with the technical support and despite sending them the file,i am still sorry to see that still today,AVG keeps flagging it as trojan.

Since Privacyware's Ianicello is member of the forum,i thought of posting it here,so maybe he can be more effective than me in solving this question.

2. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

<cough> Antivir <cough>

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

There has been considerable discussion and disagreement among members of this forum regarding the EULA of DSA and other Privacyware software. I would go to Privacyware's website and open a ticket regarding this issue.

4. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I have been using Antivir PE since that episode back in June.However, i ditched it yesterday because of the usual update problems.I am aware of AVG's detection rates,but i don't worry too much.There are other ways to harden the system even if the antivirus isn't the top one.And i don't care much about AVG flagging DSA as malware anymore,since i have uninstalled DSA too.It was repeatedly "forgetting" rules and had an evergrowing RAM consumption when using p2p.But the driver apparently remains after you uninstall it,so AVG yesterday "nailed" it once more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.