AVG AV + Linscanner (Paid version) and WOT site advisor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by newbie2247, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

I have 2 questions and need to know if what I've been told is correct. The sooner, the better as I've had too many computer disasters. More importantly, I know THIS is the place to come to. Best forum on the entire Internet.

1) This week I purchased the paid for version of AVG 2011 antivirus (not the suite) which also comes with Linkscanner. My question is this: Now that I have Linkscanner running, must I uninstall my free WOT site advisor? I'm thinking it might cause a software conflict, cause a lag or some other horrid problem. I'll feel naked without my WOT but will drop it instantly if it is the wise thing to do. Please advise.

2) We have Verizon Fios (super-dooper Download and Upload speed - like WOW!!!) and are behind a router. Both are computers are completely and totally separated from each other and I was "told" that this is considered a NAT device o_O and that it could be considered a firewall. That I am fully covered if I have this and used the free Windows firewall. Is this true?

If not, since I just bought the AVG 2011 this week, maybe they will let me change my subscription to the Suite and I can pay extra to get their firewall. I don't want to leave myself vulnerable in any way. I've had an unbelievable amount of computer nightmares and lost billions of files and everything else. Again, please advise.

Happy Turkey Day to one and all :)

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

They work fine together with no conflicts. The ratings do differ though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.