AVG-AS with KIS or ESS on Realtime

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by nego_shanti, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nego_shanti

nego_shanti Registered Member

Just wondering about AVG-AS running along side KIS or ESS on realtime, do you think it will work well?

If yes, which combination will give us the best protection?

Anybody has proven tests on this combination?

Please share your inputs.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Very strange is your post because you placed it in the AVG AS subforum , however you are asking for comparison between Eset Smart Security and Kaspersky Internet Security (because only they vary).

Wilders have a policy which doesn't allow thread about comparing one vs another product . Test them yourself and decide.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180128

3. nego_shanti

hi there!

sorry if u have misunderstood my thread here. am asking about AVG-AS if effective with either KIS or ESS on realtime per experiences of people here.

as you know AVG-AS is a good product and am just wondering how this software fair well with a combination of KIS or ESS on its AV+FW side of it. am not comparing 'per se' KIS with ESS as pairing it with AVG-AS. i just want to know experiences of people on the effectiveness of a combination with AS/AT+AV+FW. since i believe how good AVG-AS is, thus my query here for the possible good combination, whether conflicts or ineffectiveness arise with such combination.

hope you understand what i meant.

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I use neither KIS or ESS but have yet to put ANY software on my machine that doesn't get along with AVG-AS.

5. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

No proven tests, but logically the protection will only be incremental to your AV protection. Compare this to the impact it has to your systems performance.

/C.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Don't know how effective the combo is, but I run KIS and AVG AS without any problems.
    Jerry

7. nego_shanti

thanks JerryM, seen that in ur signature.

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Back in 1994 and '95 Firefighter ran some tests comparing AVs with and without running an AS alongside, and without the AS/AT.
    I found the results useful, and although they are now old, the general principle is good, I think.
    I noted that some AVs profited more from the addition of layering.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=58597

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=83323

In general I think we can say that the AV will be the first responder, and I have never had the AS/AT catch an attempted intrusion. Using either of the AVs you mentioned it would probably not be especially useful to use the AS. However, I do anyway as you can see. My AS applications never find anything except some traces that are insignificant in my own view.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.