AVG AS new release, auto-update function, ...

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Zuza, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuza

Zuza Registered Member

hey guys,

i'm wondering if there are any other people having problems with a not-working auto-update function despite this week's new release? at the moment, auto-update works "sometimes" (rather never but accidentally "it" happens), when it does not work a message like "error sending/receiving data" occurs.

i already contacted the avg-support if grisoft "invented" any offers for costumers, well, being pissed off like me ... since my version expires today and auto-update didn't work for the last six months. of course (?), the answer was negative - but they are very happy to offer me a renewal for the normal price. :gack: what a joke ....

so, is auto-update now working on your machines and also, did you complain at grisoft? (probably not since "our main goal is to keep our customers happy and satisfied. Therefore we have very little negative feedback. " in a nice email from grisoft :eek:

zuza.

2. blueoysterdvp

blueoysterdvp Registered Member

This topic is so old it's got mold growing on it!Where have you been?Multiple threads exist on this indeed.From the release thread :

I'm a big fan of the original ewido product.So as long as it still finds the nasties and keeps my machine clean I'll weather the storm.I won't get into what I think of Grisoft.Last time I did my post was deleted!:D

3. Zuza

Zuza Registered Member

hey,

read first - i have the new version! o_O

and you might have read that i especially wanted to know how grisoft handles other people's complaints - or is this typically grisoft: "(... blabla ...) Please be advised that our main goal is to keep our customers happy and satisfied. Therefore we have very little negative feedback. Customers´ feedback (both positive and negative) is extremely important for us as we are carefully monitoring the quality of our products and service and conscientiously working on their improvement. (... blabla ...)"

but now i know why the free-version is totally sufficient :D

and: grisoft shouldn't forget that many foreign users just don't speak sufficiently english - and just can't write a complaint in a foreign language ...

4. blueoysterdvp

blueoysterdvp Registered Member

I see you have the new version.The update issue as quoted above,will not be fixed at once.As I also stated above,trashing Grisoft only got me into trouble here.For some reason other posters have trashed them with no problem.There have been many negative comments about Grisoft posted here.I'm a supporter of ewido the company Grisoft took over.

For most issues your best bet is to post here first as opposed to talking with Grisoft.Most posters here will tell it like it is.I think your own experience with Grisoft pretty much sums them up.You will get a response from forum moderators on most topics you post.If not from them,then from some of the very knowledgeable members. Updates or lack of has been and appears to still be one of the hottest topics here.Response on that is very controversial.
    Good luck :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.