AVG Antivirus from Avast Beta / Final Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mops21, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

NEW: AVG Antivirus BETA
    « on: Today at 06:31:19 PM »
    https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=194047.0

With Best Regards
    Mops21

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2016
  2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I had a look at screenshots posted in that thread. It looks good, and I may test it soon. I really like that Avast are improving AVG as well as Avast, rather than ditching AVG.

3. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Nice and polished AVG GUI, detection rate with AVGAST engine should reach at least 105 %. :thumb:

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

The GUI does indeed look nice. But I have read bad stuff about AVG when it comes to privacy and performance, I wonder if that stuff has been improved.

5. entropism

entropism Registered Member

The privacy stuff was overblown. Performance is either great if you look at AV-Test or Midrange if you look at AV-C.

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The last time I tried AVG, which would have been jast over 6 months ago, it was extremely light. Of course performance can vary greatly from one computer to the next. But, AVG is one of the lightest antviruses I have used recently.

7. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

So what's our choice here...Avast or AVG ;)

8. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

9. Rednose!

Rednose! Registered Member

10. anon

anon Registered Member

11. gery

gery Registered Member

Why the heck do they even bother . AVG is dead. It is not AVG anymore . I will install it again only if they turn to AVG 7 or 7.5

12. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Uhm what? AVG in the last 2 Years realy improves alot. it is realy nice atm and not dead at any point. And it is still wide used.

13. :D The last user of AVG 7 disagrees with AVAST take over, board of directors announced a crash meeting to determine new strategy, stay tuned . . .

14. avman1995

I have to say I'm rather impressed by the Software Analyzer component. Quite amazing results are being shown by it on tests being conducted by avast forum users.

Glad they are going to implement the IDP and the features into avast.This version of AVG is more of Avast with avg's IDP.Haven't seen any kind of detection that looks like AVG apart from IDP everything looks like avast.

Thanks,
    TI

15. entropism

entropism Registered Member

"Screw it, I'll just go back to Dr. Web and Norman antivirus, paired with BOClean. Now where's my copy of Windows ME?" - Last user of AVG 7 mutters to himself as he walks off into the distance.

16. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

17. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

AVG really improved a lot after version 8.0.

I am still using it after all these years. I have liked AVG overall.

But I am a bit unsure about Avast acquisition. AVG was offering very affordable licensing scheme for unlimited devices that wasn't there with Avast in my country. Furthermore, AVG was/is better with respect to handling sample submissions. If these things change in long term, I'll have to say goodbye to AVG....

18. Playing with 2017 beta versions of Primary Response Safe Connect and Link Scanner Pro (which were not available for free with AVG 7 :D, I am testing in same setup as Rezjor (is he still banned?), big thanks to AVG & AVAST for these great free products :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2016
  19. avman1995

I like the new software analyzer and can't wait for the mentioned integration of it in avast! by the devs.I hope this brings a positive trend for avast which often was being harshly criticized (even by me often harsh but not unjustified) on and off different forums.

Thanks,
    TI

20. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Thank you for this, I'm actually following this. I found the AVG Internet Security core product to be excellent, but didn't care for the Zen or nags for the Tune-up bloatware. Customer service was the pits. I see a version of the Zen is still there. Has anyone needed AVG support since the merger? I hope the experience was better!

21. ance

22. After changing from hosting provider, I received some word+pdf embedded malware lately which Windows Defender missed. When playing with AVG beta I discovered that mail shield recognized it as malware. Could not remove Zen, so I added AVAST mail shield to filter out malware delivered through mail.

23. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

24. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Personally I'll wait for Avast to get updated. I tried AVG, and I dislike too much about it. All the processes it runs, the launcher, etc.... Just not my cup of tea.

25. ance

Is it still full with ads and useless pop ups? :doubt:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.