avg antispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maddawgz, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi my avg antispyware has just sat there for like months never finds much, Just wondering if i should just have avg antivirus on, using vista o_O

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Is avg antispyware running Real Time? It may be sitting there and there nothing to find.You can run free on demand SuperAntiSpy just to be sure

3. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Well isnt that a good thing. You shouldnt have any spyware on your pc unless you think your infected. I myself run a scan once a week with SAS and ST and never find anything. Atleast you know your system is clean.

4. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Yes paid version there all the time

5. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

None of the security programs I use ever seem to find much. In fact, I can't remember the last time anything more fearsome than a cookie was found. The Avast webshield has blocked the odd page from loading, that's about it.
    Maybe we have similar surfing practices?
    I think perhaps with a good setup regarding immunity (eg hosts file, a browser that doesn't allow scripting by default) you have to be a bit unlucky or stupid to catch a nasty. (Touch wood!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.