AVG Anti-spyware and Firefox

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Littlemutt, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I'm trialing AVG-AS again, and I also test daily with what will become Firefox 3.0 in a couple months.

I've noted that it appears that AVG-AS is not finding/cleaning cookies in the 'trunk' builds called Minefield.

I suspect its because the cookie file has been re-done for Firefox 3.0 in that the file is no longer 'cookies.txt' but cookies.sqlite

The forums at AVG are closed to questions to those that don't have registered software from AVG -so how would one ask AVG developers if they plan to update to find/clean cookies on the new upcoming Firefox. I would have the assume that the answer would be yes, or well maybe, or sooner-or-later.

There are few AS programs that acutually track/clean cookies in Firefox thus my interest in AVG-AS (unless I remember wrong that it never did), as its been almost a year since I last tried AVG-AS, and that on XP.

I'm now running Vista HP

Thanks in advance

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I have installed a later build - and things work fine - on XP.
    BTW, why do you need AVG AS to clean cookies when you got a buit-in option to clean private data ... Plus cookies are rather harmless ...
    Mrk

3. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I don't need AVG-AS for just clearing cookies obviously. I guess once again I will look elsewhere for an AS program, as this one has already shut-down the 'free-trail' after only 7 days, far cry from 30 days.

Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.