AVG Anti Spyware 7.5 doesn't update

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by ahinterl, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahinterl

ahinterl Registered Member

Hi all,

I had only one time where AVG Anti Spyware 7.5 did an automatic update so far. Any further attempt to do this manually or automatically resulted in a message like "Sorry, the server is not ready to serve...". I tried several times on several days without success, so maybe the server is down or unavailable or nonexistant or...

I'm still in the trial period, so I guess there's no way for me to contact the Grisoft support.

I wonder now whether I'm the only one who experiences this and if there's a way to download update files and install them by hand.

With its inability to update I'm of course currently not inclined to purchase the program, though I think it's a good one.

In case this is a known problem and there's no workaround, maybe you can recommend me some equally good alternatives.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Andreas

2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

You know, (former ewido now) AVG AS still has forums here. Just one of the many threads about this issue here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=176138

Some suffer about this, me personally as I licence holder haven't seen this issue however. According to one post in that forum somewhere newer version is coming that could solve the update problem (if I remember correctly..).

3. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

http://www.superantispyware.com

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Welome to the AVG AS 7.5 can not update club. The only reason it stays on my PC is because it's the free version. Paid for Ewido,but when AVG took over thats when the problems started. I miss Ewido.

5. EliteKiller

In less than 2 weeks there is supposed to be a new version of AVGAS to address the update issue and add Vista support.

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I believe it is stated in the Grisoft website that users are fully eligible for technical support in the duration of the trial period. But you need you use the Tech Support request from within the program itself. For AVG Anti-Spyware, the procedure is as follows:

7. chew

chew Registered Member

I have the same problem too but usually it would take me a few attempts in several days before I could update, so I just simple installed SUPERAntiSyware instead.

8. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Another alternative is A-Squared.
    No update troubles with this program or SUPERAntispyware.

9. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

If you like AVG AS but are miffed due to the update problems, the best alternative I will recommend is SPYWAREfighter since it uses the same engine as AVG AS....

Otherwise, SAS is the best option.

10. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Hi ahinterl

You're probably aware now that many people are having problems with AVGAS. I've now moved all my customers to Prevx2, it provides excellent protection, it's not too in your face with warnings (especially after it's learning phase) & runs very light. I've had Prevx2 on test running fine on an old XP Pro PIII 600 with 64mb RAM!

11. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

The new Vista compatible version (7.5.1.36) has just been released.

12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

error.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  13. EliteKiller

Thanks for the heads up QBgreen. :thumb: Now let's see if the update issues have been resolved. :p

14. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

The latest version available from Grisoft(7.5.1.36)updates fine on XP Home today.

15. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Do i have to delete my old version to accept this one?:rolleyes:

16. ahinterl

ahinterl Registered Member

I installed over the old version without problems. Updates work flawlessly now.

Thank you all for your comments!

Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.