AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5.1.43 released!

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by vinzenz.ewido, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Release Notes:

- Fixed inability to run in safe mode
    - Fixed endless loop in full system scan on Vista
    - Fixed premature ending of trial on Vista
    - Fixed partial failure of report generation
    - Fixed wrong behavior of tray icon for free users

The setup for 7.5.1.43 will be available for download within in a few minutes.

Upgrading via program update is enabled for 7.5.1.36 users only at the moment and will be enabled for 7.5.0.50 in a few days.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

2. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Great :) Thanks.

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

4. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

yep, fixed my endless loop problem ...... thanks

5. tetonbob

tetonbob Spyware Fighter

Hello, Vinzenz -

Thanks for the update.

For most users, this will not matter as much, but for us forum helpers, who proscribe your tools frequently, the report generation bug is still there. Perhaps not a bug, but not how it used to be.

By that, I mean the Save Scan button is only present after a scan when the "Do Not Automatically generate reports" radio button is ticked.

Used to be, we would have our users check the "Automatically generate report after every scan" button and untick "Only if threats were found". We'd have both an automatic report saved in default location showing what, if anything, was removed, and also have the ability to instruct the user to save the report to desktop (or somewhere more convenient than default location), so they could post it in the forum for review. Always nice to have a backup log when trying to help users online. And much easier for user to grab the log from desktop after a multi-instruction fix post, then to send them back to default report location. Even more so now, with it buried in Application Data location instead of Program Files.

Sure, we can go back into the application, open the Reports tab, highlight the appropriate scan date, select all/copy/paste from there....just not as simple for sometimes overwhelmed, infected users as saving a text file to a known, easily found location such as desktop.

Sorry, I go on too much.....thanks for reading.

We can certainly change our canned instructions to adapt (indeed, we have during this last few weeks), but it would be wonderful if you could get that back how it was. We'd have more alternatives that way, to help those who need it.

A big thanks for fixing the safe mode issue. That's more critical, in my view.

6. robinb

robinb Registered Member

The update still has not come for version 7.5.0.50 Pro version. I know you said a few days but can you give us an approximation?

thanks
    robin

7. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

ok,,,, actually it came this morning.
    Thanks anyway :)

robin:rolleyes:

8. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Nothing came here.

Anyway, isn't that kind of regressions, from 7.5.1.43 to 7.5.0.50...? Isn't that the version we had before 7.5.1?

9. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Hi pwillener, 7.5.1 is bigger/newer than the 7.5.0. version. I still have 7.5.0.50 so far, but I haven't updated it yet today. I'm sorta waiting to see how this all pans out.

Cheers, innerpeace

10. robinb

robinb Registered Member

btw, do you know when the avg Pro suite that has avg antispyware will be updated? It seems that has not been updated yet either.

robin

11. NonSuch

NonSuch Registered Member

This issue with the lack of reports unless one unchecks "Automatically generate report after every scan" is really quite annoying as it does exactly the opposite of what it says it will do. This really needs to be fixed.

12. diablo_tempest

diablo_tempest Registered Member

gr8,I just can't wait

13. toasale

toasale Registered Member

Truly a superb product!

14. elfen_song

elfen_song Registered Member

whoa :D

15. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Long time since an update :) Probably working on version 8.

16. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

;););)

17. Steel

Steel Registered Member

I don't understand. Is there an new release avaible ? o_O

18. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

No...

19. kodl

kodl Registered Member

There will be a new beta version of AVG product line with full AV/AS integration coming out soon. But there is no new release of AVG AS as of now.

20. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Source?

21. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Those are for all AVG AS user extremely bad messages and one sound-end slap! :thumbd:

22. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Well directly from Grisoft, you can count kodl as a highly reliable source of GRISOFT information ;) (Even more reliable than me :p)

Regards,
    Vinzenz

23. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

So, AVG AS is going to disappear? Or the free AVG AV will be somewhat enhanced?

24. NonSuch

NonSuch Registered Member

It appears that AVG-AS is being rather neglected. The error that necessitates requesting no reports in order to produce a report has never been addressed, and it seems that would not be so difficult to fix if the vendor cared and took pride in the product.

If Grisoft does make the decision to do away with AVG-AS as a stand-alone product and only market it as part of a security suite, then I shall stop using it when my subscription expires. There's no way I will trade in my NOD32 for AVG Anti-virus... not in this lifetime. :D

*sigh* I really do miss ewido.

25. kodl

kodl Registered Member

AVG AS as a standalone product will be eventually replaced by a single product that has better detection than a combination of AVG AV and AVG AS. It will not be necessary to use the full security suite, if you do not want to (i.e. including firewall, antispam, exploit detection, anti-rootkit etc.). You can see more in the AVG8 early beta...
    As for NOD vs AVG - I am not going to start another flamewar so intentionally ignoring this comment ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.