AVG and Escan

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jlo, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

I run Escan (KAV based product) but as AVG is not running at Jotti's scanner or VIrusTotal I would like to install AVG as well as just 'ondemand' so I can see which samples are detected and how quick they add samples.

Is it possible to do a 'custom install' and during installation to select, do not load e mail scanner and do not load real time scanner?

I don't want to crash my computer having 2 real time scanners running at the same time.

I am aware that if this is possible its best to turn of Escan real time scanner when doing a on demand scan with AVG.

Many Thanks

Jlo

2. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

Found out you can install AVG as on demand easly. I just went for custom install and did not tick resident guard or e mail checking. No clashes.

Cheers

Jlo

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yeah i asked GriSoft about donating one license to Jordi,but the don't seem to care at all. They have never replied to my mail :mad:

4. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

What is Jordi?? o_O

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Jordi is the one who's running famous Jotti Multi-engined Scanner.

6. jlo

jlo Registered Member

7. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Why?

I suppose you can't have every AV represented at Jotti's, and with progs like Kaspersky, F-Prot and Nod, it's hard to think what extra clout AVG would be bringing to the party. The two free AVs at Jotti (AntiVir and Avast) both have better detection rates than AVG.

8. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi TopperID,

Yes I agree with you adding AVG would not be 'adding clout' as far as detection but its still interesting to have Antivir, Avast and AVG in the mix to see what they do detect.

Cheers

Jlo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.