Avast! won't allow internet access

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AShaR, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

Hi guys,

The kids can't get on the internet until I disable Avast! Any idea what is happening and what I can do to put it right?

p.s. I was posting earlier as Ashak011 but my username has been re-set as the boards wouldn't recognise my old password.

2. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

Ok, I was getting complaints that the webcam wasn't working either, downloaded Spybot S&D, ran it and found 67 problems despite the fact I ran Adaware only a day or so earlier. One of them was worryingly named klez, but on having Spybot clean the problems, not only did the webcam start working, but the internet access was no longer denied by Avast!

Not sure what has been going on here but it looks like there was some sort of bug interfering there somewhere. I am going to make a donation to the Spybot people in any case, great to see a product nail a problem in realtime. And a free one at that!

3. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

Same problem recurred after a re-boot, and this time a Spybot scan didn't fix it. Anyway, it turns out that Avast! P2P Shield is blocking internet access, as soon as I disable it, everything is fine. Any reason why this is happening?

Appreciate any input.

4. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

Try to uninstall avast, then re-install avast but do a custom install, Uncheck
    P2P. this should fix that. you can download a wonderfull program called tune up utilities for free it will fix everything for you. www.tune-up.com.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

No need to do that. Just go to Add-Remove Programs,select avast! and select Modify in avast! Uninstaller. There you can select separate providers/skins/plugins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.