Avast WebShield has blocked access to this page because...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by oma53, Mar 4, 2015.

1. oma53

oma53 Registered Member

"Avast WebShield has blocked access to this page because the following certificate is invalid: google.com"

Note that this will give this message from Yahoo, Bing, and a number of other sites. I have not tested them all. I have even recieved this message from wilders.

I first saw this 2 days ago and since it was time to "refresh" my system, I re-imaged the computer from a known good image. After updating Avast this started again.

This only gives this message when Sandboxie and Firefox is being used. I have tried the SB default settings with the same result.

My system only has windown 7 with all the current security updates, Malwarebytes free, Firefox(current version), and Adobe reader, so I do not think there are any security/program conflicts.

I am going to try to downgrade SB, but I thought I would ask here first.

Thank you.

2. oma53

oma53 Registered Member

I got the answer at the SB forum. It appears there is a bug in Avast and they are working on a fix for this. So far, they recommend disabling "HTTPS Scanning".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.