Avast Web Shield and OA Web Shield?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chinook9, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I have Avast 5 web shield and OA premium web shield running on my wife's laptop. Anyone know if these two conflict. We haven't seen any.

Which is the best one to use? I'd prefer to use only the best one.

NOTE: Post this in anti-malware because I figure that what the web shield is for.

2. chinook9

Is "bumping" allowed??

3. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

they should work~ but you're fine removing one.
    I'd even suggest you remove both or at least keep one and just use DNS like ClearCloud DNS.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Avast one will be better I guess.

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

You could use ClearCloudDNS plus avast! web shield.

6. chinook9

Sounds like a good idea. I'm doing that right now. I just have ClearCloudDNS on one computer at the moment testing it but I will probably change the router to ClearCloud so all my computers are on it.

I've been using ClearCloud for 2 days so far. It certainly hasn't caused any problems. I don't know if it has blocked anything. I tried to find some sites that would be blocked and I got some blocked but it was not the Clearcloud message that I got. I have NoScript running and when a site was blocked I got the NoScript Logo on the screen with the ip address and message that site is blocked.

Next time I find one of these blocked sites, I'll copy the URL and paste it into a sandboxed portable chrome or opera browser and see what I get. That should tell me if its ClearCloud that doing the blocking.

7. chinook9

I found a site that was blocked in Firefox with NoScript and pasted it into a Sandboxed Chrome browser. I got the ClearCloud blocking screen....so, it appears that ClearCloud is doing its job. I believe its also blocking ads on some screens. Thats always good.

8. Jav

Jav Guest

Unfortunately ClearCloud focuses on malware, therefore it dosent really block ads.

9. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

The ClearCloud DNS is excellent, you can use it alone or use it along with the Web Shield of Avast! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.