Avast Slow?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dan323, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan323

dan323 Registered Member

I was just wondering with all the accumulated knowledge here if anyone has problems with Avast 5.1 slowing how fast websites load. I switched from Norton IS 2011 to Avast and on some sites I see a dramatic slow down in loading of web pages. I didn't have this problem when running the trial version and last week I purchased Avast Internet Security. Thats when it started. I had no problem with getting the license or the upgrade to 5.1.889 or anything. Just a sudden slow down of some web pages loading. Like really slow ! if at all sometimes. I know I have 90 days to cancel but I have read and heard so many good things about Avast,and the trial went smooth,I don't know why now there is a problem. Is this common ?
    The scans are not bad,about 10 minutes for the quick scan and 40 minutes for the full scan.

Win 7,4 gig ram. 2.0 hrz
    Avast IS, Mbam, SAS, keyscrambler pro.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Moved Thread to Proper Forum for More Exposure!

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Did you max all the settings? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  4. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

Got the same after installing Avast after Norton. Please use special symantec removal tool to delete all leftovers from previous Norton installation. In case of symantec simply add/remove functions ofter is insufficient and cause problem like this.

5. dan323

dan323 Registered Member

That I did. I removed Norton with Norton removal tool. Thats why I don't know whats causing the problem. The setting a default settings. I didn't change nothing.

6. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

I seem to notice also that:(. Am using the AIS that I won from last December. I also am dumbfounded about the firewall settings. Seems different from Outpost/OA/CIS...I am searching for where to block certain programs from calling home and I can't find it.

This system XP SP3 that I am using came from an Avira setup. Also cleared it from leftovers especially Onine Armor Premium.

7. cryostasis23

cryostasis23 Registered Member

Also happened to me when using AIS but initially found out that by disabling web shield I can browse quickly.

8. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

On the Web Shield setting uncheck "Scan web (HTTP) traffic" then reboot your pc.

That should do the trick.

Thanks.:)

9. dan323

dan323 Registered Member

I did all this and man it is still slow. Not all pages but it seems the more important ones like gmail,or avast forum and even some wilders links. I may need to look for something else. Comodo Complete looks interesting so does Gdata. We'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.