Avast Pro or Bit Defender

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by legendary, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legendary

legendary Registered Member

It has slowed down my PC :'( it slows it down for the first 10 minutes then it seems to runu OK. Avast didnt slow it down at all. Now i dont know what to do.

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I guess it is a case that the best detection rates do not always equate to the best AV on a particular system.

Best,
    Jerry

3. legendary

Jerry, i guess your right, i may have to put Avast back on i just dont want to use windows Defender is there something better i can use or should i just use CA internet Security?

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

always say no to CA,

try avg internet security or panda internet security 2007, i think they are both vista ready aswell.

infact, try a few, see which runs best with your vista and your computer.

5. legendary

WELL after trying bitdefender 10 & TrendMicro 2007 i had to switch back to Avast Pro. It slowed vista to a craw.

6. Nordiam

Nordiam Registered Member

I ran Vista Ultimate Retail and BitDefender AntiVirus 10 for the first week I had Vista.

I have an EVGA 680i,2.66GHz Core 2, 4GB, and SATA II drives... it was so slow...

It appears (to me) sockspy.dll is much less efficient in Vista than on XP. It seems to scan everything, being tied up in scanning log entries Vista is writing, or pausing in the middle of some file. It's the hard drive churning that tripled the load time of my applications...

I've went through sending BitDefender system reports, screen shots, stability charts, etc... they were very eager to obtain information from me, so I assume they are working on it and will get back to me one of these days.

Couldn't take it... uninstalled BitDefender 10... installed Avast 4.7... I have a smokin system again. At least 30% faster. The scanning engine seems way faster, and not as many irrelevant files are scanned. Not stoked on the car stereo for a UI... but hey.

Just my experience...
    Nord

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

no smoking unless you on fire:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.