Avast / Prevx combo question

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by acr1965, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have Avast free edition and have the Behavior Shield enabled (along with File, Web, Mail and Network Shields). With Prevx installed should I disable the Avast Behavior Shield to prevent any potential conflict? Any other Shields in Avast need disabled as well? I do not plan on installing Prevx Safe Online.

Anyone else running the Prevx/ Avast free version combo? If so, what's your set up configuration?

Thanks

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I run Prevx 3.0.5.124 with SafeOnline disabled, along with avast 5.0.507.
    I have all avast shields enabled, and have run it that way since I installed 5.0 about six weeks ago. I have had no problems between the two programs, in fact I think they work fine together. Awhile back (I can't recall when or where) I read of some problems someone was having with this combo, but I believe it was addressed. I think you'll be fine with all shields enabled, plus Prevx.

3. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Registered Member

i am running prevx 305.127 and i have had avast pro 4.8 and now avast pro 5.0 and have all the shields enable on avast and have not once have any problems with this combo
    i am also running safe online enable

4. EscapeVelocity

EscapeVelocity Registered Member

I have Avast 5 Free All Shields Up and SafeOnline (only) running with no problems for a week now.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

I am running Avast 5 free with all components enabled together with PrevX without SafeOnline on Win7 x64: No problems at all.

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Thanks for all the feedback. Very helpful everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.