Avast / Prevx combo question

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by acr1965, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have Avast free edition and have the Behavior Shield enabled (along with File, Web, Mail and Network Shields). With Prevx installed should I disable the Avast Behavior Shield to prevent any potential conflict? Any other Shields in Avast need disabled as well? I do not plan on installing Prevx Safe Online.

Anyone else running the Prevx/ Avast free version combo? If so, what's your set up configuration?

Thanks

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I run Prevx 3.0.5.124 with SafeOnline disabled, along with avast 5.0.507.
    I have all avast shields enabled, and have run it that way since I installed 5.0 about six weeks ago. I have had no problems between the two programs, in fact I think they work fine together. Awhile back (I can't recall when or where) I read of some problems someone was having with this combo, but I believe it was addressed. I think you'll be fine with all shields enabled, plus Prevx.

3. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Registered Member

i am running prevx 305.127 and i have had avast pro 4.8 and now avast pro 5.0 and have all the shields enable on avast and have not once have any problems with this combo
    i am also running safe online enable

4. EscapeVelocity

EscapeVelocity Registered Member

I have Avast 5 Free All Shields Up and SafeOnline (only) running with no problems for a week now.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

I am running Avast 5 free with all components enabled together with PrevX without SafeOnline on Win7 x64: No problems at all.

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Thanks for all the feedback. Very helpful everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.