avast installation freezes?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pablo87, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

Hello folks

i need youre help with a problem
    i have just renewd my license
    that went fine, but i had to install avast is from scratch
    so i downloaded the setup file and saved it ono my desktop, i start the installation, but when avast want to make a system repair piont, the installation freezes nothing happens, and i can not install avast.. i hope you understand me, and hope that you can help me

Regards Marco

2. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

So what your saying is Avast stops the installation at "Making System Restore Point"? Do you have System Restore turned on? Do you have enough free space? What is your current OS? Have you tried removing your current restore points? Can you manually make a System Restore point?

3. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

You might want to try the Avast! Cleanup Tool created by Rejzor and linked to in the first post of this thread on the Avast! forum.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=103461.0

I have used this tool a handful of times. It is very simple and does a very effective job of cleaning all remnants of a prior Avast! installation. I really have no idea of whether or not this will help with your problem but it is worth a try.

4. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I have had a similar situation with AIS this week...5-6 attempts to install but freezes when I restart. Have used AIS several years but something is going on...figured it was just my pc but I can install and run about anything else. I will look into it further.....

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Lots of posts removed. If you have to "hint" at what you are getting at, then maybe, you need to not post until that is sure.

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Similar situation here, as I posted on the Avast forum. I upgraded via the Update tab on my Avast Pro, and the update was flawless. At the end the instruction is to reboot so I did. The bootup went good until after the Welcome screen and then the usual black screen appeared with the white pointer and after about 50 seconds, the little power light on the computer started to flutter and then faded away while the black screen remained. It became obvious the computer wasn't going to boot so I did a hard shut down. I reverted to an earlier snapshot on my Rollback Rx to the earlier version of Avast and it was good again. I tried the above twice more, but the new version will not boot. There are similar failures from some folks including freezes and errors so I guess I'll have to stay with ver. 7.0.1466 until they release a fix.

7. Rompin Raider

We both have Win7, MBAM-Pro although I removed MBAM...no change.

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Yeah, MBAM not the cause. It's the upgrade itself. :p

9. Rompin Raider

I uninstalled MBAM-Pro and problem gone. However I have never had a problem with AIS until this upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.