Avast Home Edition

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bamaman66, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

It seems as if Avast is blocking my downloads. If this is the case how do I set it up to correct this problem?

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

If it's not showing warnings (siren and spinning radioactive logo or red and yellow bar poping out of taskbar), then it's not blocking anything and must be problem elsewhere.

Try disabling/pausing Web Shield provider. Let me know if it helps.

3. bamaman66

I disabled Avast and I was able to download from Internet Explorer and firefox. That is why I posted here. Before that I had changed the security settings in internet explorer without any luck. I had also tried firefox and it said I was blocked from the download.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Can you please post screenshot of that message that said that somethingw as blocking the download? Coz i don't have any idea what you mean and why would that happen. avast! just scans internet traffic, it's not blocking it (unless maicious for what you'd be notified by avast!).
    So please post a screenshot.

5. bamaman66

It was not avast that blocked the download. After I shutdown avast I could download so I thought that was the problem. I started avast again and I was able to download so I still don't know what caused the original problem.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

What other security tools are you using? Firewalls, antispyware and similar... ?

7. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

You might also try resetting your browsers to their original default configuration and see if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.