avast! Cleanup Tool 1.0 released!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RejZoR, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

avast! Cleanup Tool is a small program that will clean the remaining registry entries and files still left behind by avast! Antivirus uninstaller.

I was not satisfied with avast! uninstaller or aswClear so i made this one. It cleans everything official avast! tools leave behind. You still have to uninstall avast! first using official ways. Running this tool while avast! is still installed will NOT do anything!

As for the future, i sure hope that avast! team will improve uninstaller so that it will clean everything by itself without the need for my tool.

LINK:
    http://www.rejzor.tk/2012/08/19/avast-cleanup-tool-1-0-released

2. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

RejZoR, thanks for your work on this little ditty!

3. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Very nice there. Thanks. Avast should really consider it! Good work!

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi RejZoR, Thanks for the Avast! cleanup tool! :cool:

5. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! RejZor...excellent pro-active action too initiate this for Wilders and Non Wilders...Avast users. I have experienced undue grief in trying to uninstall A.I.S. recently...when uninstalling using Revo or Windows uninstall utilities...the Avast uninstaller will not remove the Sandbox module. Very frustrating as I have to use the Avast removal tool after the system Blue Screens. And previously had to System Restore as a work around. Just curious would you know why the Avast uninstaller stalls at the Sandbox module? Once again Kudos for your initiative. Sincerely...Securon

6. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Do these tools you're making get rid of drivers left behind? When I enable show nonpresent devices in Device Manager I notice most security programs leave behind drivers.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yes, it also takes care of those drivers. It was one of the reasons why i made these cleanup tools in the first place.

8. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Thank you very much RejZor for your cleanup tool. :cool:

A while back when i switched to another Security Suite i thought that Avasts own un-installer used through IObit Uninstaller hat removed every thing. But for the sake of it i used your Avast cleanup tool last night and it still found stuff from Avast to remove. :thumb:

9. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I have a random file in my Program Files folder named AVAST. It's file type is simple File. It's about 6.3MB. Do you know what this is and whether it can be deleted or not?

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Just delete it. If you still use avast! and it's an important file it won't allow you to delete it anyway. Otherwise you'll be able to delete it.

11. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

@RejZoR,
    Your cleanup tool is NOT for Windows XP. Correct?

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

You can use it but from my testing some folders were left behind in user profile. Registry should mostly be cleaned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.