Avast Antivirus?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sooflymami, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

Recently, the Avast Antivirus has been giving me updates slower than before. It usually tells me that my database has been updated right when I start my computer but now that's not happening. I dont know why but when I get on my laptop, it gave me updates and then after that, I turn on my other computer afterwards and then it gives me automatic updates. Do you know why that's happening? It seems like it's giving me automatic updates for the laptop one FIRST and then the other one afterwards because before I started my laptop, I was using my other computer and the automatic updates didn't come up at that time..so, I turned off that one and then turned on the laptop one. And also, it's not even letting me know that they have a new version of Avast for neither of my computers. It says Database only next to Automatic updates when I open the program but its not giving me a notice. I want it to let me know automatically but its not giving me a notice.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  2. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

Try this, go to add/remove programs, click the change/remove for avast. When the avast box appear's choose the update icon. If that doesn't work try full uninstall, then reinstall it.

3. sooflymami

Is that step for the one for updating to the new version of Avast? And how can I make sure if its set to automatic update so I'll know when they have a new version since I didnt get a notice? All I know is it says automatic database only when I open the program

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  4. deanmartin

Right click the avast blue icon. in the box that pops up, find program setting's, in there click update basic, there you will find the auto update feature.

5. deanmartin

A buddy at work still hasn't got his update notice.

6. sooflymami

Oh okay..I thought it was just me that hasnt gotten it yet. Do u think it might be the program giving updates later in the day like in afternoon? It used to always come up in the morning when I turned on my computer but now it's coming up later. I dont know why thats happening.

7. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

I have 2 computers both both on the same connection via a router, sometimes they update at the same time but more often than not one will update well before the other.
    Probably nothing to do with your situation, and you more than likely know, but if your "free" license runs out I don't think you can get updates till it's renewed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.