AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1483)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by spywar, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spywar

spywar Registered Member

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=117113.0

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
  2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

" Fixed issue with constant CPU frequency"

Hopefully this is what I think it is. The CPU usage for the last few versions seemed a tad higher than I would expect.

3. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

So far so good,seems to have fixed issues with some OS's but they may have 1/2 issues more to fix...updated my and all my client's systems,running well so far :)

what really annoys me when some people on other forums ( eg: MalwareTips) dont understand that with a user base of millions of users it is impossible to avoid bugs/BSOD's/issues as each system is different and avast doesnt rush beta's,they do private beta testing for like a month and then another set of public beta with RC for like another 20 days and then release's them and there can be no perfect stable security software with 183 million user base.Sorry,but I am no fanboy I realize avast flaws/bugs and still love them and the v8 sandbox does do its job and there arent just 2 evidences of it but many as spywar has shown in his videos and it looks like the v7 sandbox skeptic has not yet fallen.And we must not forget that Mcafee and avira had serious bugs earlier and some of them must stop making smug sentences like there has been no worst buggy software like avast :rolleyes: and began to bash it and say some people like to sugar coat avast when we arent doing that and making unfounded or non-realistic statements is one thing and personal opinion is something else.

I still think there must be some strict rules to discuss about a product like it remains to be seen on Wilders.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  4. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up. So far so good!

6. spywar

spywar Registered Member

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

There is absolutely no need for another thread about avast 8!!..its been thrashed out enough and becoming boring.:cool:

8. spywar

spywar Registered Member

The first one has been locked .... Please can you check before posting ? o_O

9. The Red Moon

Ask yourself WHY it has been locked.This forum seems to have been invaded by an avast army and conflicts will arise.:cautious: :shifty:

10. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Please let's stay on the topic you said something, I replied I don't want a question/response... without any ending ;)
    Let's stay on topic.

11. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi

Avast Antivirus with Comodo Firewall - Combination Test .

~Link removed. Leave the you tube tests out of these threads and stay on topic.~

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
  12. clocks

clocks Registered Member

For those that use Avast with CFW, do you use both sandboxes, or disable one?

13. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Both sandboxed should be pointless ... If you want that mainly really suspicious files get autosandboxed then only use Avast's one.
    Conversely, if you want to have as well as suspicious, safe files get autosandboxed use Comodo's one. When it comes to a malware file they both deal very well with them.

14. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I disable both, to be honest :)

15. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Does avast! 7 include Evo-Gen and FileRepMalware or are they only available with avast! 8?

16. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

Evo-Gen is new - not sure about the other.

17. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I hope they fix issues with the software updater soon. I've installed the new Avast on two computers and for some software updates it says it's updating the software, but gets no further and the software does not get updated.

18. avman1995

evo-gen and filerepmalware are backend technologies and irrespective of the versions they are available for all avast versions right now.

As already mentioned by vlk,evo-gen are virus definations and NOT a cloud feature but filerepmalware is cloud based.Sandbox analysis is also DB based. :D

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Evo-Gen and FileRepMalware detections also work with avast! 7. Auto Sandbox however is significantly better in v8.

20. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Yes but they have started using them for a few weeks (I think for launching of public beta1).

21. avman1995

I feel avast will eventually improve these technologes and evo-gen is one of the most powerful heuristic methods right now in my tests it almost blocks and prevents anything you throw at it though I think right now avast should focus on fixing issues been seen with XP/Vista :D

22. The Red Moon

Detections like that are ok for wreckless and bad users but for your average sensible home user who will probably not come across a dozen or so more malwares these "great" detections are meaningless and fall into insignificance.

23. avman1995

agree a +100% but what when it protects against something that generic sigs miss.. I think now avast team needs to get the issues on win8/vista and XP resolved first. :)

24. The Red Moon

Im not being critical about avast,its a superb free av and the best free option there is but some people dont really need all that great detection stuff.I wish them well sincerely.:cool:

25. avman1995

Neither Do I...I am still of the opinion right now that avast team needs to iron out the bugs been popping up on some systems and fix them first and then go ahead with the new dyna engines and stuff :D

I would love a stable avast much better than anything :-*

Avast still remains to be my most recommended AV since it started its uphill climb in v6 till v8 despite I recognize flaws in them I still love them for what they are not like some others who love bashing it badly when it doesnt turn up to their hopes ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.