Avast! 8 Beta?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brandonn2010, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vlk

vlk AV Expert

I think the question was whether Evo-Gen will work even if it machine disconnects from the Internet - and the answer to this question is YES.

Evo-Gens are _definitions_ (not cloud queries) and are delivered to Avast using the streaming update technology (pushed out roughly every 10 minutes) - thus covering even the cases where Internet connection is unavailable (e.g. system boot).

Thanks
    Vlk

2. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Cloud is needed to get "FileRepMalware" alerts Evo's ones are distributed through VPS ans streaming updates (thanks to Milos).

3. spywar

spywar Registered Member

This is a good thing and also the fact that they can detect threats never seen before (not like Similarity Search does) that's why on 50 undetected samples I have about 30 Evo detections 5 FileRepMalware and the rest are autosandboxed ...

4. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Where the remaining 15 samples that were autosandboxed were detected as malicious or not?

5. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Not all but I have about 2/3 samples detected by autosandboxed every day. I always close apps after autosandboxed finished analysing ..

6. avman1995

I truely for one reason think this can be improved upon...especially continue execution button is a big no no.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

So what, you'd prevent users from running everything that gets Auto Sandboxed but doesn't come out as detection? That just won't work.

What if Auto Sandbox popup wasn't even visible at all? To be honest that would be the only way to go because to be honest, why should user even know it's being analysed? And i think avast! team will eventually make the whole Auto Sandbox process absolutelly transparent so users won't even know it's running in most cases.

8. avman1995

They could instead put a option in a drop down menu in sandbox pop up like it was in the beginning of v7 with open in sandbox as recommended.:)

9. spywar

spywar Registered Member

I've just had a detection after scanning
    http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/08/1361649266-evo.png

10. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

If you set autosandbox to ask instead of the default auto then you get the autosandbox popup with sandbox option.

But the difference is......

Default - Auto - No Sandbox option but analyzing is there

Change to - Ask - Sandbox option is there but no analyzing

11. THESAWISFAMILY2005

THESAWISFAMILY2005 Registered Member

can I run this avast beta on windows 8?

12. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Yes of course.

13. THESAWISFAMILY2005

THESAWISFAMILY2005 Registered Member

when does the final product come out?

14. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Word on the street is end of February, but I am not an official source by any means.

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'd say it will come out next week. There will probably be a RC3 and soon after Final version which will essentially be the RC3 if found with no major problems.

The rest will probably be fixed via VPS soon after Final release as usual (they can push a lot of updates through VPS, so there is no need for big program update). This is for thos esort of problems that emerge when the program goes Final but didn't show up during beta testing. Nothing unusual.

16. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

What happened to the remote access feature? When I installed RC2, it gave a pop-up on what's new in v8 and said that remote access is only in Premier version :doubt:

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

There are two types of remote access!

Remote Assistance which is available in ALL versions and AccessAnywhere which is only in paid versions and allows you remote maintenance without user on the other end confirming the maintenance request. But is more limite to avast! administration itself and not designed to gain access to the entire system like with Remote Assistance.

AccessAnywhere can be operated even from avast! Free but tthe target system is required to have paid version installed in order to offer such feature.

More info will be available when it goes Final or if someone from avast! is willing to drop a word or two on this new feature...

You can still find Remote Assistance under Maintenance tab...

18. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Has this version addressed the issues concerning firewalls and its web shield.
    One of the major problems with avast is getting a firewall to function correctly with it.:D

19. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I would like to know that same thing.

20. The Red Moon

Well i know for a fact that the issue with the comodo firewall has NOT been fixed as members of the comodo forum will testify to great length.
    What good is a antivirus if it will not function correctly with other security devices.
    Its as if everyone is full denial that a problem even exists and carry on regardless of the consequences.
    Now the general public want assurances that their antivirus is functioning correctly and yet this cannot be guaranteed until there is full acknowledgement from both companies involved that a problem exists.

Also it is not just confined to the comodo firewall ,its also affected windows firewall and privatefirewall.
    It would be nice to know these issues have been addressed and hopefully a fix will be on the horizon but until then i would not recommend avast in any of its forms until problems have been fixed.
    It has been months since the web shield problem was reported and yet still no solution is forthcoming.

21. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Online Armor doesn't have these issues, thankfully.

But, it would be nice if other firewalls would work with avast!, especially the most common one used...Windows Firewall

22. avman1995

Sorry,but as orginally discussed on avast forum This is CIS issue and NOT a avast issue.

I thought CIS 6 fixed this :cautious:

23. The Red Moon

Incorrect.
    If it is a comodo issue then please explain why PFW and windows firewall is also affected.?
    And naturally on a avast forum they will state its a comodo issue when it clearly is not.

24. avman1995

Sorry but I use windows firewall with avast with no issues...as usual even other people on avast forums dont see issues with any other FW's...comodo issue...of course even on comodo forum no-one will says its comodo issue :argh:

25. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

My Outpost has never had an issue with Avast over the years. Could it be a Comodo issue? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.