Avast 7.0.1468 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mops21, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I installed it, but the Sandbox is still not fixed. Although I can now click the 3 browsers I use in and out of the sandbox, neither IE 8 nor FF will open sandboxed. About 50% of the time Google Chrome will open and operate, but the rest of the time it will not open.

It is good to see that Avast is trying, and sooner or later they will fix it. I am not sure how much the 64 bit system influences the sandbox.

I think Kaspersky did away with it in the 2013 version because of security problems with sandbox and 64 bits.

Thanks for the notice.
    Jerry

3. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

Got it (AIS) and it seems fine here,

I am in Sandbox at the moment.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

A member of the Avast forum had the same problems I did, and said that he removed Trusteer and it fixed the problem.
    I was using Trusteer, and when I removed it Firefox, and Chrome worked normally inside and outside the sandbox.

IE 8 opens OK, but when sandboxed will not link to my favorites so is useless sandboxed.

Obviously there is a conflict between Avast and Trusteer.
    Jerry

5. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

I am going to load up the new beta when I get home from work tonight. I also have sandbox issues with the last few builds, however. My main issue is that my computer crashes every single time I exit Chrome when running sandboxed. Pluse, IE won't work at all for me in the Avast! sandbox. Hopefully, the new beta will help.

I don't use any other kind of web reputation or detection service. I do use Norton DNS though. Maybe I will turn that off although I don't know how it could relate to my Avast! issue. Its worth a shot.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Hamlet,
    It will be interesting to see if this new build corrects your problem. Except for IE it did help my problems.
    Jerry

7. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Ehhh, no difference on the latest beta build. IE still won't work in the sandbox and Chrome still crashes my entire computer when I exit from it in sandbox mode. I tried all the various resetting / cleaning of sandbox contents and even unloaded the Norton DNS settings but it made no difference.

I need to find some time and restore my desktop to its original state and then rebuild my programs and documents and take a clean snapshot so I can do this kind of trouble shooting in a cleaner environment. I am not running any other security programs at the moment but my computer has had so much stuff loaded and unloaded that there is no telling what could be causing the problems.

I will just load up ESET or BullGuard in the meantime. They both seem to run well for me and should give good protection.

8. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

Crazy.

Still no problems here.

No, I am NOT blessed.:D

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am going to settle for Avast Pro 7 without the sandbox. I can browse and open my favorites from the SafeMode.

I am not really sure if Trusteer adds any significant additional protection. I think it will run OK if I ignore the sandbox.

I wonder if Trusteer works similar to the SafeMode and the Safe Money of Kaspersky?
    I think a sandbox keeps everything inside, but the Safe Money and maybe Trusteer keeps everything out.

Clarification?

Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.