avast 5 sandbox

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by iii, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iii

iii Registered Member

How does it work. I have avast on my computer but there isn't any indication of a sandbox working except if i right click a web browser icon.

2. iii

iii Registered Member

does it automatically filter out unwanted stuff in the sandbox? because i dont see a option given you any choices of changing anything in the sandbox feature. I don't even see the sandbox feature anywhere just saw on their site that they have it but it would be nice to know its actually there. I guess it just automatically filters stuff out

3. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I think there are some bugs still in the settings for the Sandbox. The right-click is the only way to get an app sandboxed. I stopped using the Pro version and went back to Sandboxie after trying the first retail release, so I don't know if the releases since then have addressed the bugs. Based on your observations it sounds like they're still there. You could try searching the avast! forum for more info.

4. iii

iii Registered Member

for some reason i think the sandbox is working its just automatic. If it was a bug im sure they would still have a area in the start menu for it so maybe this is how they created it

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have seen this also normally there would be a red outline around the sanboxed window but sometimes i have not seen the red outline and i am curious now of this as well

6. valnar

valnar Registered Member

I have the free version of Avast so I haven't test it. Has anyone compared their Sandbox vs Sandboxie? If it works well, I would upgrade my Avast just to get down one more program.

7. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I just took advantage of the sale for the Pro version, so I'll try taking it for a spin again. I would also consider consolidating if it works well now. Then again, I'm not sure because Sandboxie is very configurable and running flawlessly since I bought and started using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.